Member Profile: Intersys & working in the life sciences sector
Intersys® are an award-winning, ISO 27001 certified, cyber security, IT support and consultancy company. They are Microsoft Gold Partners and specialise in supporting the highly regulated life sciences industry for the last 25 years. This sector faces multiple challenges such as complying with industry regulations, protecting sensitive client data, and guarding its own high value intellectual property.
Intersys can help life sciences companies with their managed IT, cyber security, and enterprise risk management needs.
The benefits of working with an IT provider who understands the life sciences sector
Says Intersys Managing Director Matthew Geyman, “Any business in the life sciences industry, especially those with critical IP to protect, must maintain agility while ensuring tight security. We have comprehensive knowledge of the unique requirements, including compliance criteria, of the life science and pharmaceutical industry. Our ISO 27001 certification and robust cyber security dovetails with the strict regulatory and compliance requirements for this industry. We work with a wide range of firms from small generic manufacturers to FTSE 100 organisations.”
Intersys can help life sciences companies:
- Protect sensitive commercial information and intellectual property
- Maintain business continuity and optimise systems
- Comply with the rules and regulations (e.g. Medicines and Healthcare products Regulatory Agency, EMEA etc)
Intersys’ work ranges from cyber security to business-critical IT support and prestigious cross-industry partnerships.
- Providing dedicated Security Operations Centre services to various pharma companies, improving their posture against cyber breaches and attacks.
- Collaborated with GlaxoSmithKline, AstraZeneca, and Cambridge University as part of the ReMediES Supply Chain Risk Management project.
- Provide Fully Managed and outsourced IT across many industries, including Life Science.
- Created contracts management software for NHS Primary Care Trusts
This outsourced solution takes the challenges of running a full-fledged IT department off the business’ hands. Intersys provide everything from helpdesk operations to backup management and 24/7 support.
Pharmaceuticals and life sciences industries hold high-value intellectual property (IP) and sensitive client data which makes them a prime target for cyber theft.
A 2020 IBM report found that the sector was hit by more cyber-attacks than any other industry. There was also a 50% increase in attacks between 2019 and 2020. The industry is also highly regulated and MRHA has strict expectations for data integrity from this sector.
Intersys are ISO 27001 certified and well versed in the regulatory landscape for life sciences. They combine this specialist knowledge with a highly experienced cyber security team to offer end-to-end cyber security services. Companies can benefit from the following areas:
- SOC (security operations centre)
- Cyber security audit and gap analysis
- Penetration testing
- Expert system monitoring
- Cyber security breach response plans
- Disaster recovery
Enterprise risk management
Life sciences and pharma industries have become increasingly susceptible to supply chain risks. Failures in their partners’ supply chains can lead to disastrous impacts on profits and reputations. Intersys’ Director of Enterprise Risk Management, Catherine Geyman, is a supply chain risk analysis expert and consultant to many biopharma firms. Intersys can help life sciences businesses manage their risks with a suite of solutions such as:
- Business continuity planning
- IT risk management
- Supply chain risk management with SCAIR®, their award-winning supply chain risk management software.
If you want to know more about how Intersys can support your organisation with its IT and cyber security, you can contact them via their website.